A quick guide on how to effectively report a bug.
At IMG.LY, every SDK release goes through strict reviews and rigorous testing. Yet, there are times when some bugs might creep in. If you are experiencing any issues, please let us know here.
How to report a bug#
- If you are using an older version of the SDK, please update and check if the bug still exists. We regularly squash any bugs we find, so chances are that it is already fixed in a newer version. Make sure to include the SDK versions (both React Native module version as well as the native VideoEditor SDK versions for iOS and Android) you are using in your bug report.
- Send us a clear and concise description of what the bug is. Include as much information as you can. A bug report that just says that something isn’t working doesn’t help us much. Help us help you!
- Describe the exact steps to reproduce the bug, if possible. If it is a crash, please include the stack trace or error in plain text format.
- If you want to share any code snippet with us, send it to us in plain text format. Please don’t attach screenshots.
- Some bugs might be specific to certain images or devices. Please include the device details and the images if that is the case.
- Our SDK can be configured and customized in multiple ways. Tell us if you can reproduce the bug in one of our Catalog app repository examples. If not, please create a minimal example project where the bug can be isolated and reproduced. You can either use one of our Catalog app repository examples as the base or create a new project following our Getting Started guide.
- If you can send us a minimal example project where the bug can be reproduced, we can fix it for you! Try to only include the code that is relevant to reproduce the bug. You can either send us a Github link to your project or just upload it as a ZIP to your favorite file hosting service and share the link with us.